What is Mass Metrology?
- Mass metrology provides a unique measurement of the mass change resulting from any process step
- Mass change is a fundamental measurement of the change induced on a wafer by a process step
- Measuring mass change is a measurement of process performance and an easy to implement fast indicator of process trends and outliers
- Low cost of ownership derived from high reliability, with no consumables required
- On product wafer measurement reduces or eliminates the need for test wafers
- Measures Etch, Deposition, CMP, Metals and Dielectrics
- Proven technique for monitoring of processes with no false flags allowing process control through SPC/APC
Mass & Weight Repeatability Data 300mm Wafers
Repeatable and Precise
Metryx mentor technology is based on a thorough understanding of the forces behind the inaccuracy and variability in traditional weight measurement.
Through the use of force measurement, environmental measurement and precision engineering these variable forces have been removed.
The result is a mass measurement with a resolution of 10µg and a dynamic repeatability of 80µg (1σ) equivalent to less than 1Å blanket film of tantalum on a 300mm wafer.